Why buy from Urban Sheds?
1. Every Urban Shed is Custom-Built
That’s right—every single one of our sheds is built to meet the exact needs and
specifications of our clients. We don’t sell prefabricated sheds, and we don’t build offsite or
ship anything across state lines. We build unique, custom-designed sheds that are
constructed on-location to provide our clients with the perfect outdoor structure for their
2. We Hire Local Builders and Craftsmen
At Urban Sheds, we believe in investing in local communities, small businesses and the
neighborhoods we serve. That’s why we exclusively hire local builders, tradesmen and
craftsmen to build our premium-quality sheds and outdoor structures. Our builders are
passionate about the work they do and the impact they’re making in their
communities—they’re your neighbors. Meet some of our expert builders here.
3. We Use the High-Quality Materials
We use the high-quality materials and building processes to ensure our sheds can
withstand the test of time. We use double top plates on walls and headers across door
openings, our flooring systems are completely pressure-treated to protect against rot,
termites and ants, and much more. With Urban Sheds, you can truly build with confidence.
4. All Urban Sheds are Backed by a 30-Year Structural Warranty
In fact, we’re so confident in our materials and in our builders that we’re proud to offer a
30-year structural warranty for every single shed we create. It’s an important part of our
commitment to building the highest-quality structures we can, and to provide our clients
with true peace-of-mind and confidence when purchasing a new shed.
5. You Can Design Your Very Own Dream Shed—No Experience Required
Have the perfect vision of your new dream shed but no design or building experience?
Don’t worry! With Urban Sheds 3D Configuration Software, you can quickly and easily craft
a digital rendering of your perfect shed. A simple-to-use interface allows you to select the
style, size, shape, color and many other options for your new outdoor structure—you can
even get a quote and price estimate from directly within the tool. Once your design is
complete, you can send it directly to our team of expert builders to begin scoping out the
How do I place an order with Urban Sheds?
We have intentionally set up Urban Sheds so you can work directly with the builder.
We have made it easy to order your shed online through our 3D Shed Configurator software, but for the best experience, schedule a meeting with the Urban Sheds builder in your area.
Scheduling a meeting with your builder allows you the opportunity to meet the builder in person as well as lets the builder assess the shed site and ease of access before starting construction.
Do I need a permit for my shed?
Each town has their own laws. You can find out what your town requires by calling or visiting your local building department.
Below are the 3 questions that should get you everything you need to know about your town regulations.
1. How large of a shed can I have built before I need a building permit?
2. What are the set back requirements (distance from the property line and other structures on the property)?
3. Are there any height restrictions? (some towns wave the set back requirements if the shed is under a certain height)
- For sheds that do not need a permit; the set back requirements are generally not efforced unless someone complains about the placement of the shed.
If you would like help with this process feel free to email us at email@example.com
What color options does Urban Sheds offer?
- We work with all the major brands of paint. Feel free to browse your local paint store for colors or see our standard colors here. You can choose any color you prefer and we will get the paint for the shed.
- Our standard colors for roof shingle are: Black, Light Grey, Dark Grey, Dark Brown, Light Brown. Configure your shed here.
How do I schedule the installation of my Urban Shed?
What payment options does Urban Sheds offer?
- You can pay with credit card, bank transfer, or check.
How long do I need to wait to get into the schedule?
- The wait time may vary based on the season but usually within 3 - 4 weeks.
How does my Urban Shed shed arrive?
- Your builder will order a package of lumber will be delivered to your place often the morning of the scheduled construction. Your builder will process the lumber and build the shed onsite.
How long will it take for the construction of my Urban Shed?
- Most of our sheds can be constructed in 1 to 2 days.
What is the height of Urban Sheds?
What are the door and window size options?
What is required for site preparation?
Pretty much any site will need some adjustment to get a solid and level foundation. For shed sites that are up to 8" out of level we can adjust with a gridwork of cement blocks before constructing the shed. If you are ordering your shed using our 3D Shed Configurator, be sure to check the box for Blocking to Level the Site.
For more complicated sites with rocks, tree roots, shrubs, or just very unlevel, we recommend checking with your local landscaper to prepare a flat, level area for the shed to sit on. A suitable area can be prepared by bringing in fill and preparing a base of 3/4" crushed stone.
If you would like site prep. recommendations from one of our builders, you can schedule a free consultation here.
How long can i expect an urban shed to last?
- Your Urban Shed comes with a 30 yr. structural warranty.
- For a long lasting durable siding choose the LP Smartside with a 50yr warranty. https://lpcorp.com/resources/product-literature/brochures-sales-sheets/lp-smartside-durability-brochure
- Choose the architectural shingles for a 30yr Warranty on the roof.
- Keeping up with regular maintenance such as replacing any shingles that get damaged or touching up paint that gets faded, your shed may last a lifetime.
- For longer lasting hardware, choose the Stainless Steel option for the hinges. Configure your shed here.
Can Urban Sheds demo and dispose of my old shed?
Do you offer financing?