Why buy from Urban Sheds?
1. You Can Design Your Very Own Dream Shed—No Experience Required
Have the perfect vision of your new dream shed but no design or building experience?
Don’t worry! With Urban Sheds 3D Configuration Software, you can quickly and easily craft
a digital rendering of your perfect shed. A simple-to-use interface allows you to select the
style, size, shape, color and many other options for your new outdoor structure—you can
even get a quote and price estimate from directly within the tool. Once your design is
complete, you can send it directly to our team of expert builders to begin scoping out the
2. Every Urban Shed is Custom-Built
That’s right—every single one of our sheds is built to meet the exact needs and
specifications of our clients. We don’t sell prefabricated sheds, or
ship fully assembled sheds across state lines. We build unique, custom-designed sheds that are
constructed on-location to provide our clients with the perfect outdoor structure for their
3. We Hire Local Builders and Craftsmen
At Urban Sheds, we believe in investing in local communities, small businesses and the
neighborhoods we serve. That’s why we exclusively hire local builders, tradesmen and
craftsmen to build our premium-quality sheds and outdoor structures. Our builders are
passionate about the work they do and the impact they’re making in their
communities—they’re your neighbors.
4. We Use the High-Quality Materials
We use the high-quality materials and building processes to ensure our sheds can
withstand the test of time. We use double top plates on walls and headers across door
openings, our flooring systems are completely pressure-treated to protect against rot,
termites and ants, and much more. With Urban Sheds, you can truly build with confidence.
5. All Urban Sheds are Backed by a 30-Year Structural Warranty
In fact, we’re so confident in our materials and in our builders that we’re proud to offer a
30-year structural warranty for every single shed we create. It’s an important part of our
commitment to building the highest-quality structures we can, and to provide our clients
with true peace-of-mind and confidence when purchasing a new shed.
How do I place an order with Urban Sheds?
Placing an order with Urban Sheds is easy. Simply follow the process laid out in the buyers guide and place your order through the 3D Shed Configurator.
If you have any questions or want help with design etc. , simply schedule a free consult with one of our sales and design professionals and we will help you through the process.
Do I need a permit for my shed?
Each town has their own laws. You can find out what your town requires by calling or visiting your local building department.
Below are the 3 questions that should get you everything you need to know about your town regulations.
1. How large of a shed can I have built before I need a building permit?
2. What are the set back requirements (distance from the property line and other structures on the property)?
3. Are there any height restrictions? (some towns wave the set back requirements if the shed is under a certain height)
For further information check out this blog post:
- For sheds that do not need a permit; the set back requirements are generally not efforced unless someone complains about the placement of the shed.
If you would like help with this process feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What color options does Urban Sheds offer?
- We work with all the major brands of paint. Feel free to browse your local paint store for colors or see our standard colors here. You can choose any color you prefer and we will get the paint for the shed.
- Our standard colors for roof shingle are: Black, Light Grey, Dark Grey, Dark Brown, Light Brown. Configure your shed here.
How do I schedule the installation of my Urban Shed?
What payment options does Urban Sheds offer?
How long do I need to wait to get into the schedule?
- The wait time may vary based on the season but usually within 3 - 4 weeks.
How does my Urban Shed shed arrive?
- Your builder will order a package of lumber which will be delivered to your place often the morning of the scheduled construction. Your builder will process the lumber and build the shed onsite.
How long will it take for the construction of my Urban Shed?
- Most of our sheds can be constructed in 1 to 2 days.
What is the height of Urban Sheds?
What are the door and window size options?
What is required for site preparation?
For a shed to remain structurally sound over a long period of time it needs to have a solid base. This can be accomplished in a number of ways, but some of the most common are: solid cement blocks, installing a stone pad, or installing a concrete slab.
If the area that you would like to install your shed is significantly out of level (12 or more inches), we recommend consulting with your local Urban Sheds builder to determine the best solution for the shed base. The most common solution is to have your local landscaper install a level stone pad.
Many shed companies try to sell a stone pad with every shed. This isn’t necessary. One of the advantages of having your shed built onsite, is the ability to distribute blocking evenly under the shed before it is built. When sheds are delivered fully assembled it is difficult, if not impossible, to properly install blocking under the shed; so many shed companies will push to sell a stone pad with the shed so it’s easier for them to deliver. (For northern locations, consider designing your shed with larger overhangs and having a crushed stone border installed around the shed to prevent frost heaves)
Pretty much any site will need some adjustment to get a solid and level foundation. For shed sites that are up to 12” out of level we can adjust with a gridwork of cement blocks before constructing the shed. If you are ordering your shed using our 3D Shed Configurator, be sure to check the box for Blocking to Level the Site.
If you would like site prep. recommendations from one of our builders, you can schedule a free consultation here.
How long can i expect an urban shed to last?
- Your Urban Shed comes with a 30 yr. structural warranty and 3yr. workmanship warranty. See our warranty here.
- For a long lasting durable siding choose the LP Smartside with a 50yr warranty. https://lpcorp.com/resources/product-literature/brochures-sales-sheets/lp-smartside-durability-brochure
- Choose the architectural shingles for a 30yr Warranty on the roof.
- Keeping up with regular maintenance such as replacing any shingles that get damaged or touching up paint that gets faded, your shed may last a lifetime.
- For longer lasting hardware, choose the Stainless Steel option for the hinges. Configure your shed here.
Can Urban Sheds demo and dispose of my old shed?
Do you offer financing?
Simply apply at the link below or choose Greensky Financing when you checkout on the 3D Shed Configurator.
Is My Deposit Refundable?
Yes, your deposit is 100% refundable, minus any bank fees or building permit costs incurred. Feel free to put your deposit down early and get a place in the schedule while you work out the details of your shed such as colors and layout.