Why buy from Urban Sheds?
A small local business is committed to your satisfaction because they need you as much as you need them. Large corporations are often more committed to profit than to the consumer. A small local business is committed to relationships and their reputation in the neighborhood because they know these things are important for their survival.
Small local businesses are often exceptional craftsmen. Many small businesses have been pasted down for generations and the skill, efficiency and problem solving abilities surpass that of larger factories who employing minimum wage workers for a short time with lots of turn over.
We believe onsite shed construction has many advantages. You get a brand new shed built right in place without heavy equipment going across your yard. When your shed is built onsite it is brand new vs. the large factory model which buys and stores materials months in advance. Fully assembled shed may sit at the factory for days or weeks before being shipped. After being shipped 3 or 4 on a Semi trailer to your region, the shed may sit at a sales lot for weeks or months till it is finally sold for your backyard. A shed built onsite is brand new when you give the final payment.
We want to work with YOU. Download the Buyers Guide, Design your shed with the 3D Shed Configurator and email the link. After we receive the link to your configuration we will contact you to schedule construction or answer any questions you may have.
How do I place an order with Urban Sheds?
1. Before placing an order, please download the Shed Buyers Guide to learn more about town regulations and site preparation.
2. Design your shed on the online 3D Shed Configurator and pay the deposit or you can order in-person by scheduling a meeting with the builder here.
3. After we receive your deposit we will contact you to schedule construction.
Do I need a permit for my shed?
Each town has their own laws. You can find out what your town requires by calling or visiting your local building department.
Below are the 3 questions that should get you everything you need to know about your town regulations.
1. How large of a shed can I have built before I need a building permit?
2. What are the set back requirements (distance from the property line and other structures on the property)?
3. Are there any height restrictions? (some towns wave the set back requirements if the shed is under a certain height)
- For sheds that do not need a permit; the set back requirements are generally not efforced unless someone complains about the placement of the shed.
If you would like help with this process feel free to email us at email@example.com
What color options does Urban Sheds offer?
- We work with all the major brands of paint. Feel free to browse your local paint store for colors or see our standard colors here. You can choose any color you prefer and we will get the paint for the shed.
- Our standard colors for roof shingle are: Black, Light Grey, Dark Grey, Dark Brown, Light Brown. Configure your shed here.
How do I schedule the installation of my Urban Shed?
What payment options does Urban Sheds offer?
- You can pay with credit card, bank transfer, or check.
How long do I need to wait to get into the schedule?
- The wait time may vary based on the season but usually within 3 - 4 weeks.
How does my Urban Shed shed arrive?
- A package of lumber will be delivered to your place often a day or two before the scheduled installation. All our sheds are built onsite, eliminating the need to bring heavy trucks onto your lawn.
How long will it take for the construction of my Urban Shed?
- Most of our sheds can be constructed in 1 to 2 days.
What is the height of Urban Sheds?
What are the door and window size options?
What is required for site preparation?
Pretty much any site will need some adjustment to get a solid and level foundation. For shed sites that are up to 8" out of level we can adjust with a gridwork of cement blocks before constructing the shed. If you are ordering your shed using our 3D Shed Configurator, be sure to check the box for Blocking to Level the Site.
For more complicated sites with rocks, tree roots, shrubs, or just very unlevel, we recommend checking with your local landscaper to prepare a flat, level area for the shed to sit on. A suitable area can be prepared by bringing in fill and preparing a base of 3/4" crushed stone.
If you would like site prep. recommendations from one of our builders, you can schedule a free consultation here.
How long can i expect an urban shed to last
- Your Urban Shed comes with a 30 yr. structural warranty.
- Keeping up with regular maintenance such as replacing any shingles that get damaged or touching up paint that gets faded, your shed may last a lifetime.
- For longer lasting hardware, choose the Stainless Steel option for the hinges. Configure your shed here.
Can Urban Sheds demo and dispose of my old shed?